Content Marketing for your Website & SEO
Content Marketing is, in basic terms, any marketing that has the purpose of the creation and sharing of
media and publishing content so that customers can be acquired. This data content can be displayed in
different formats - news, magazines, papers, video, e-books, photos and websites.
Content marketing creates interest in a product though information and educational materials. Successful
content marketing is dependent on providing high-quality and updated content that interests people, answers
questions and solves problems.
For optimizing your website, content marketing is essential! Providing visitors to your site with quality
up-to-date & consistent content about your business will lead to more interest and more sales. The content
should be targeted to best represent your business (product) and focus on all stages of the purchasing process.
Having excellent content on your website will lead to better search engine optimization (SEO), higher ranking
and ultimately greater sales!
Historical Content Marketing
A few examples of historic content marketing in the late 19th and early 20th centuries include the following:
Content marketing concepts have been in existence for hundreds of years, and with the growth of the internet,
website content marketing is an essential part of a business site.
- 1895 - John Deere Corporation launched the magazine The Furrow that was for farmers with information on how
to become more profitable. It is still in circulation today, with a large distribution all over the world.
- 1900 - Michelin developed the Michelin Guide with information on auto maintenance and travel tips.
- 1904 - Jello salesmen went door-to-door giving away free cookbooks on Jello and the many different ways to
prepare it. This led to increased sales and by 1906 sales were over $1 million.
Content Marketing How-to Guides
Content Marketing Summary
- GETTING STARTED - Content Marketing 101 begins
- PLAN - Build fundamentals of your plan
- AUDIENCE - Understand your core audiences
- STORY - Tell your brand story
- CHANNELS - Determine your distribution channels
- PROCESS - Manage your team and tools
- CONVERSATION - Create your content and listen
- MEASUREMENT - Prove the effectiveness of your program
Content marketing is a very important aspect of advertising your business! In all forms of advertising & marketing,
the detailed content of your business description and methods is crucial for customers to purchase your product versus
a competitors'. Updating your content from time-to-time helps keep your website up-to-date and competitive. These
updates can be as simple as advertising a seasonal sale or as complex as adding a few pages to explain the manufacturing
of a product. We can guide you through the process of compiling relevant content marketing for your business!
What’s The Next Step
Fill out the form below and we will give you a call to discuss your present situation and decide the best
approach for you right now to help your improve your internet presense.